Welcome to WEEK 11 of our #XFILESQUILT Event.
Today, I share the last embroidered block of this special project!
Next week, look for the final paper pieced block and the final quilt layout. I can't wait to reveal the quilt top!
I Want To Believe: An X-Files Quilt & Stitch Along is designed and presented by me, Jennifer Ofenstein (also find me on sewhooked.com).
And now... BLOCK ELEVEN!
6” Finished (6 1/2” unfinished)
Hand Embroidered on background fabric.
What would an X-Files Quilt be without the long-quested for Grey, the name given to those illusive aliens that landed at Roswell in 1947? This is the final embroidered block for this project. Enjoy!
7" (7 1/2" unfinished)
REMINDER: If you are participating in I Want To Believe: An X-Files Quilt & Stitch Along, then you are cordially invited to make a Signature Block for this very special quilt. It is not required, but it is much appreciated! ♥ Patterns are due December 1, 2016. More details in the pattern document.
Pattern links so far:
- Printable Instructions, including fabric amounts.
- Week One - Mulder & Scully
- Week Two - Trust No One
- Week Three - Deep Throat, Mr. X (bonus)
- Week Four - The Smoking Man (aka Cancer Man), Jeffrey Spender (bonus)
- Week Five - Alex Krycek, Signature Block (bonus)
- Week Six - A.D. Walter Skinner, Deputy Director Kersh (bonus)
- Week Seven - The Truth is Out There
- Week Eight - Alien Bounty Hunter
- Week Nine - The Lone Gunmen + #XFILESQUILT Design Invitational!
- Week Ten - John Doggett, Monica Reyes (bonus)
About this EVENT:
- I Want To Believe: An X-Files Quilt & Stitch Along (#xfilesquilt), is a free event hosted on fandominstitches.com. It was conceived of and designed by Jennifer Ofenstein of sewhooked.com & fandominstitches.com.
- The event runs through March 30, 3016.
- This event includes 12 free patterns plus additional bonus blocks to use as you wish as well as piecing instructions for the quilt top.
- Patterns are a combination of hand embroidered and paper pieced. The pattern sizes for each block correspond with the layout shown.
- Feel free to use colors that work best for you.
- The final quilt size as designed is 50” x 64”.
- These patterns are free for your personal and NON-profit use only. Not to be used for manufacture or distribution. Sale of this pattern or quilts made from this pattern is prohibited. No infringement of any kind is intended.
- For best results with paper pieced patterns, print with NO SCALING. In Google Drive, uncheck “fit to page..” See your printer instructions for more details if needed. One-inch scale included on every page for your convenience.
- Fabric amounts are generous estimates and are provided as a courtesy. Actual amounts may vary depending on your paper piecing technique. (MORE DETAILS IN PRINTABLE DOCUMENT).
- Need paper piecing or embroidery help? Click here.
- Visit sewhooked.com for more paper piecing help.
- Community support can be found in The X-Files Quilt & Stitch Along Facebook Group.
- Win prizes monthly during 2016 on fandominstitches.com by sharing photos with the FiS flickr group.
- Posting on social media? Mark you photos #xfilesquilt!
Join us for a Star Wars inspired design for our Design Challenge!
Share your pattern with our quilt community and be entered to win
a fun fandominstitches.com t-shirt.
Details are here.
Share photos of your blocks and other projects you have made using Fandom In Stitches patterns with our flickr group for a chance to win one of our fabulous monthly prizes! You receive one entry for each project. Only photos posted to flickr are eligible to win.