Are you gaga for The Force Awakens?
Are Han and Leia your OTP?
Would you use The Force to improve your quilting?
Would you like share a pattern you designed with thousands of enthusiastic quilters?
Have we got a challenge for you!
- Design an original quilt pattern inspired by Star Wars and share it with fandominstitches.com!
- Pattern can be any size.
- Design a single block or an entire quilt.
- Patterns can be designed using any of the following techniques: paper piecing, traditional piecing, mosaic, applique, reverse applique, hand embroidery or cross-stitch (more details on how to design for FiS here).
- Patterns must be new to fandominstitches.com, but not necessarily brand new. If you already have an awesome Star Wars-themed pattern we have not featured on our website, feel free to submit it!
- Patterns should be PG-13 or less.
- Please check our Star Wars patterns and Google "Star Wars Quilt, quilt pattern, quilt block, etc." BEFORE designing your pattern to ensure you're not accidentally recreating someone else's work.
- Designs based on other, non-quilt artwork art (including fan art) must include written permission from the artist. Alterations of other, original pattern designs will not be included on fandominstitches.com.
- Please note that all fandominstitches.com patterns are free for personal & non-profit use. All designers are volunteers. Patterns are considered derivate art which we do not sell or compensate for
Princess Leia LEGO designed by Kristy @ Quiet Play
- Submit your pattern using our submission form no later than Friday, March 18, 2016 at Noon CST (U.S.).
- PDF patterns can be hand drawn or created using graphic design software as long as they are clear and easy to follow. For helpful information, including software suggestions, see Be A Designer.
- Please include your name (online or real), pattern finished size, your blog, social media, contact information and/or anything else you feel is pertinent to your pattern.
- Only patterns following these rules will be considered for posting on FiS*.
- By submitting your pattern, you are giving Fandom in Stitches permission to freely share your photo and pattern link. We will not alter, sell do anything else uncool with your design.
- Talking about your project on social media? Use #starwarsquiltchallenge!
- Questions? Leave them in comments or join our FiS Designers & Pattern Testers Facebook Group for help & inspiration!
*Rules are subject to change in the event that we forgot something important. We will always let you know if that happens. :)