Are you gaga for The Force Awakens?
Are Han and Leia your OTP?
Would you use The Force to improve your quilting?
Would you like share a pattern you designed with thousands of enthusiastic quilters?
Have we got a challenge for you!
BB-8 Droid by Vanda Chittenden
Be like Vanda and share your awesome pattern with Fandom in Stitches!
- Design an original quilt pattern inspired by Star Wars and share it with fandominstitches.com!
- Pattern can be any size.
- Design a single block or an entire quilt.
- Patterns can be designed using any of the following techniques: paper piecing, traditional piecing, mosaic, applique, reverse applique, hand embroidery or cross-stitch (more details on how to design for FiS here).
Millenium Falcon by Jennifer Ofenstein
Patterns must be completely original and created by the submitting designer. Designs may not use any part of a another designer's pattern, including, but not limited to, those designs shared on fandominstitches.com.
- Patterns must be new to fandominstitches.com, but not necessarily brand new. If you already have an awesome Star Wars-themed pattern we have not featured on our website, feel free to submit it!
- Patterns should be PG-13 or less.
- Please check our Star Wars patterns and Google "Star Wars Quilt, quilt pattern, quilt block, etc." BEFORE designing your pattern to ensure you're not accidentally recreating someone else's work.
- Designs based on other, non-quilt artwork art (including fan art) must include written permission from the artist. Alterations of other, original pattern designs will not be included on fandominstitches.com.
- Please note that all fandominstitches.com patterns are free for personal & non-profit use. All designers are volunteers. Patterns are considered derivate art which we do not sell or compensate for
Princess Leia LEGO designed by Kristy @ Quiet Play
- Submit your pattern using our submission form no later than Friday, March 18, 2016 at Noon CST (U.S.).
- PDF patterns can be hand drawn or created using graphic design software as long as they are clear and easy to follow. For helpful information, including software suggestions, see Be A Designer.
- Please include your name (online or real), pattern finished size, your blog, social media, contact information and/or anything else you feel is pertinent to your pattern.
C3P0 - We're Doomed by Jennifer Ofenstein
All submitted patterns will be posted on Saturday, March 19, 2016 right here on Fandom In Stitches to share with our quilting community!
- Only patterns following these rules will be considered for posting on FiS*.
- By submitting your pattern, you are giving Fandom in Stitches permission to freely share your photo and pattern link. We will not alter, sell do anything else uncool with your design.
|Submitted designs will be included in a special drawing to win a fun Fandom in Stitches t-shirt of your choice!|
- Talking about your project on social media? Use #starwarsquiltchallenge!
- Questions? Leave them in comments or join our FiS Designers & Pattern Testers Facebook Group for help & inspiration!
*Rules are subject to change in the event that we forgot something important. We will always let you know if that happens. :)
Post a Comment