Welcome WEEK 10 of our #XFILESQUILT Event. Where had the time gone?!
Two more weeks will bring us the final two block patterns, the quilt layout, followed by the Design Invitational (details in last week's post).
I Want To Believe: An X-Files Quilt & Stitch Along is designed and presented by me, Jennifer Ofenstein (also find me on sewhooked.com).
And now... BLOCK TEN!
6” Finished (6 1/2” unfinished)
Hand Embroidered on background fabric.
John Doggett was assigned to the X-Files after Fox Mulder went missing. Between politics and emotion, it was a tough job to find himself in.
Bonus! Monica Reyes
6” Finished (6 1/2” unfinished)
Hand Embroidered on background fabric or (optional) secondary color
The final bonus block for the #xfilesquilt is FBI Agent Monica Reyes.
7" (7 1/2" unfinished)
REMINDER: If you are participating in I Want To Believe: An X-Files Quilt & Stitch Along, then you are cordially invited to make a Signature Block for this very special quilt. It is not required, but it is much appreciated! ♥ Patterns are due December 1, 2016. More details in the pattern document.
Pattern links so far:
- Printable Instructions, including fabric amounts.
- Week One - Mulder & Scully
- Week Two - Trust No One
- Week Three - Deep Throat, Mr. X (bonus)
- Week Four - The Smoking Man (aka Cancer Man), Jeffrey Spender (bonus)
- Week Five - Alex Krycek, Signature Block (bonus)
- Week Six - A.D. Walter Skinner, Deputy Director Kersh (bonus)
- Week Seven - The Truth is Out There
- Week Eight - Alien Bounty Hunter
- Week Nine - The Lone Gunmen + #XFILESQUILT Design Invitational!
About this EVENT:
- I Want To Believe: An X-Files Quilt & Stitch Along (#xfilesquilt), is a free event hosted on fandominstitches.com. It was conceived of and designed by Jennifer Ofenstein of sewhooked.com & fandominstitches.com.
- The event runs through March 30, 3016.
- This event includes 12 free patterns plus additional bonus blocks to use as you wish as well as piecing instructions for the quilt top.
- Patterns are a combination of hand embroidered and paper pieced. The pattern sizes for each block correspond with the layout shown.
- Feel free to use colors that work best for you.
- The final quilt size as designed is 50” x 64”.
- These patterns are free for your personal and NON-profit use only. Not to be used for manufacture or distribution. Sale of this pattern or quilts made from this pattern is prohibited. No infringement of any kind is intended.
- For best results with paper pieced patterns, print with NO SCALING. In Google Drive, uncheck “fit to page..” See your printer instructions for more details if needed. One-inch scale included on every page for your convenience.
- Fabric amounts are generous estimates and are provided as a courtesy. Actual amounts may vary depending on your paper piecing technique. (MORE DETAILS IN PRINTABLE DOCUMENT).
- Need paper piecing or embroidery help? Click here.
- Visit sewhooked.com for more paper piecing help.
- Community support can be found in The X-Files Quilt & Stitch Along Facebook Group.
- Win prizes monthly during 2016 on fandominstitches.com by sharing photos with the FiS flickr group.
- Posting on social media? Mark you photos #xfilesquilt!
Share photos of your blocks and other projects you have made using Fandom In Stitches patterns with our flickr group for a chance to win one of our fabulous monthly prizes! You receive one entry for each project. Only photos posted to flickr are eligible to win.
Post a Comment