Welcome to the seventh installment for As You Wish, a Princess Bride Quilt & Stitch Along presented by your Fandom In Stitches Designers.
We have two more wonderful patterns for you today, BUT FIRST, a special invitation:
The As You Wish Design Invitational
- Design an original Princess Bride-themed quilt block pattern using any technique to supplement the As You Wish designs (all designs will be online by April 23, 2014). Hint: Your FiS Designers have covered all major characters.
- Patterns must be 5" (5 1/2" unfinished). We've built extra spaces in both quilt layouts just for the Design Invitational patterns (see images below this week's AYW patterns).
- Test your pattern and take a photo. Only tested patterns will be included on FiS.
- Post the photo of your design and a link to your PDF pattern* in our flickr group no later than Tuesday, May 6, 2014. (*If you don't have your own blog or website, not to worry, just email your pattern to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll post it for you!)
- PDF patterns can be hand drawn or created using graphic design software. For more information see Be A Designer.
- Tag your flickr photo "AYW DESIGN" so we know to include it. (Use the quotes as shown so that both words will be included in the same tag.)
- On Wednesday, May 7, 2014, all Design Invitational patterns will be posted right here on Fandom In Stitches to share with our quilting community.
- Submitted designs will be included in special drawing for a Princess Bride-themed t-shirt (below)!
- Questions? Leave them in comments.
AYW: Design Invitational Prize!
And now, without further ado, you killed his father, prepare to die!
Inigo Montoya designed by Gaya (borsedigaya)
7" paper pieced & embroidered
Inigo Montoya quote designed by Aalia Zaman
7" finished, hand embroidered
Helpful hints from Aalia: Work in brick stitch (sword blade), back stitch (text), chain stitch ('Hello'), satin stitch (sword handle), and bullion stitch (hilt).
Pattern Difficulty is rated out of 5.
>>>CLICK FOR PATTERN<<<
Both patterns are in one easy-to-print PDF document. For best results, print without scaling.
Quilt layouts designed by Jennifer Ofenstein.
As part of this True Love inspired event, we offer you two options for the blocks presented over the course of As You Wish!
Each two blocks can be made into a unit to create one larger block. Those blocks will be combined to make one of two quilts, the Pieced Quilt on the left or the Book Quilt on the right. Each layout includes optional blocks to add your own designs or to include designs from the upcoming Design Invitational.
Quilt sizes and fabric amounts are included in each respective pattern.
Final piecing instructions will be posted April 23!
As You Wish has been a combined effort of the following designers. Share your love and appreciation by visiting them online:
- Jennifer Ofenstein
- Elizabeth @ Such a Sew and Sew
- Lilja Björk Sigurdórsdóttir
- Linda Fishman
- Alida (TweLoQ)
- Amber Lowery
- Michelle Thompson
- Kirstel Carnahan
- Elizabeth Mosher
- Kim Kuehn
- Gaya (borsedigaya)
- Aalia Zaman
In addition to our usual monthly flickr prize, we will also be awarding a fun pack of DMC embroidery floss to one Quilt & Stitch-Along participant per month! Actual thread may vary. Share photos of your AYW Quilt & Stitch-Along blocks with our flickr group to win! One entry per block. Only photos posted to flickr are eligible to win. Shared photos are also eligible to win our regular monthly prize. Winners chosen the last Tuesday of the month.
Follow us on Facebook for the latest pattern updates and fun from your Fandom In Stitches Designers!