Experienced Designers and brand new Designers alike are welcome!
- Design an original quilt block pattern 5" - 10" in any technique of your choice: paper pieced, applique, embroidery, mosaic, cross-stitch, etc.
- Your pattern needs to reflect a musical fandom or music pertaining to a fandom. For example, a favorite band, Broadway musical or favorite song.
- Patterns can be drafted using drawing or quilting software or even hand-drawn, as long as they are clean and easy to understand.
- All patterns should be tested for errors before being submitted. A photo of your block AND your pattern are required to enter.
- Please keep image size per page under 7 1/2" x 10" in order for patterns to print on both A4 (8.3"× 11.7") and 8 1/2" x 11" paper.
- Patterns can be PDF (preferred for easier printing), jpg, png, etc., as long as they are printable and print to scale.
- Email us the photo of your finished block (can be a flickr link) AND your pattern OR a link to your pattern if you can upload it to your own blog or website. Please do not submit photos or patterns via comments.
- When you email us, please include skill level out of 5 (example 2/5 - see the top of any of our pattern pages for more information on how patterns are rated)
- All patterns will be posted on Fandom In Stitches on the Music page. You retain all rights to your pattern. Fandom In Stitches does not sell fandom patterns and never will.
- Deadline to Enter: Monday, July 23, 8 am CST (US). The winner will be chosen by anonymous poll.
- Feeling inspired? Enter more than one pattern, as long as it follows the rules!
- pattern title, fandom (ie, Heart Grenade, Green Day)
- technique used (ie, paper pieced, applique, etc.)
- size of finished item (ie, 5" finished etc.)
- your name with Copyright/Creative Commons information on the pattern itself (if desired)
- your email address
Grab the HTML above and spread the world!