QUILT LAYOUT DESIGNS DUE
Wednesday December 1, 2021
8 am CST
It seems only right that we finish up this event
where we started in 2010... with Harry Potter!
We will be sharing Harry Potter themed blocks during weeks 41-44, finishing up with two weeks of spectacular designs for the outside of your multi-fandom bookcase quilts. Our final post for this quilt along will be December 8, sharing all Design Invitational submissions!
There will be more Bookcase Blocks in 2022!
As a reminder, the blocks you choose to make are up to you! There are approximately 100 new 10" block designs coming this year. We encourage you to make what you want and supplement with our original Project of Doom blocks for your own super-personalized Multi-Fandom Bookcase Quilt!
HARRY POTTERLaura Shaffstall
(for outside of bookcase)
tested by Suzanne Maestas Jourdan
ANDtested by Stormy Mosier
tested by Stormy Mosier
Check out all of our Harry Potter inspired pattern collectionsfor more inspiration!
Check out all of our Harry Potter inspired pattern collections
for more inspiration!
Things to know about this event:
- A Year of Doom - Multi-fandom Bookcase Quilt Along is our 10th Anniversary celebration for both our website and our first big quilt along, The Project of Doom, a Harry Potter Bookcase Quilt Along (2011)!
- All patterns have been designed by volunteers and their names will be noted with each post.
- Each pattern has been tested for accuracy. Pattern testers are listed with the patterns they have tested.
- This event is hosted on Fandom in Stitches & these posts are written by Jennifer Ofenstein.
- A Year of Doom - Multi-fandom Bookcase Quilt Along patterns will be posted weekly on Wednesdays through 2021 at 8 am CST.
- Most blocks are paper pieced, but a few have hand embroidery or applique. We will be sharing these patterns with a variety of quilt finishing instructions, bonus blocks, plus any Design Invitational patterns our quilting community chooses to share, all right here on fandominstitches.com.
- All Blocks are 10" (10 1/2" unfinished) unless otherwise noted.
- Patterns are rated 1 out of 5 by difficulty (1 being the simplest, 5 being the most complex).
- Multi-Fandom patterns have their own pattern archive Bookcase Quilts in the main menu. You can find that here.
- Our Design Invitational for this event is for ALTERNATIVE FINISHING INSTRUCTIONS. See details here.
- JOIN OUR Facebook Group to share your progress, ask questions, and for general community support!
- Every pattern on fandominstitches.com is design by fans for fans. Our patterns are free for your personal and NON-profit use only. Patterns are not to be used for manufacture or distribution. Sale of these patterns, quilts, projects, photos, etc. made from these pattern is prohibited. No infringement of any kind is intended. Please support official movies & merchandise. We wouldn't be fans without them!
- For best results with paper pieced patterns, print with NO SCALING. In Google Drive, uncheck “fit to page.” See your printer instructions for more details if needed.
- Need to learn to paper piece? Check out our Quilting Help page for lots of awesome tutorial links!
- Posting on social media? We are: Fandom in Stitches on Facebook, @FandomNStitches on Twitter, @fandominstitches on Instagram, Everywhere - #fandominstitches, #projectofdoom, #bookcasequiltalong, & #fisayearofdoomqal
with your very own The Year of Doom T-Shirt or other fun Fandom in Stitches themed product from our Zazzle Shop!Proceeds from sales pay for our website, image hosting, and prizes for our quilting community. All of our designers are volunteers. We don't sell or profit from our patterns in any way. ♥
Looking for something completely different?
Check out our Pattern Archive Pagesat the top of every Fandom in Stitches page!
with your very own The Year of Doom T-Shirt or other fun Fandom in Stitches themed product from our Zazzle Shop!
Proceeds from sales pay for our website, image hosting, and prizes for our quilting community. All of our designers are volunteers. We don't sell or profit from our patterns in any way. ♥
|Looking for something completely different?|
Check out our Pattern Archive Pages
at the top of every Fandom in Stitches page!
Post a Comment