We're taking a short break from new patterns for our Multi-Fandom Bookcase Quilt Along to invite you, our quilting community, to join us in creating Bookcase Quilt Layout Designs for our Design Invitational!
We'll be back next week with LOADS more fun fandom designs for your bookcase quilt!
This Design Invitational is completely different from what we've done in the past. Please read the information below carefully and let us know if you have any questions.
We are inviting you, our fandom quilting community, share share a QUILT layout design!
We have hundreds of bookcase quilt blocks and thought it would fun to share the creative ways for our quilting community to assemble their blocks!
What is a quilt layout?
A quilt layout is full assembly instructions to use with our quilt blocks. Please check out the original Project of Doom quilt layouts above to get a better idea of what we mean.
Whether you are an experienced quilter or brand new, we encourage your participation! Any size quilt design is welcome. Check out our participation rules below for more information.
QUILT LAYOUT DESIGNS DUE
Wednesday December 1, 2021
8 am CST
Please read ALL RULES carefully before submitting patterns.
- Design a quilt layout (also known as finishing instructions) that uses 10" blocks (10 1/2" unfinished). Please note this means assembly instructions creating a quilt using the 10" bookcase quilt blocks we've shared here on Fandom in Stitches and not 10" block patterns.
- Quilt layout designs must be original and created by the submitting designer. Designs may not use any part of a another designer's pattern, including, but not limited to, those designs shared on fandominstitches.com.
- Designs based on other, non-quilt artwork (including fan art) must include written permission from the artist.
- Patterns can be any piecing technique (paper pieced, hand embroidered, applique, etc.).
- Patterns must be free to access and stay that way. All FiS patterns are free for personal & non-profit use only to comply with copyright and intellectual property laws.
- All pattern, illustrations & instructions should be saved in ONE DOCUMENT as a .pdf.
- For helpful information, including software suggestions, see Be A Fandom in Stitches Designer.
- Google Drive is a great way to share pattern files (it's free to use for anyone with a Gmail account and files can be updated as needed). Patterns can also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and they will be hosted by Fandom In Stitches.
- Pattern submissions will not be accepted via Facebook or other social media.
- On Wednesday, December 8, 2021, Design Invitational patterns will be posted right here on Fandom In Stitches to share with our quilting community! This will be the final post for our 2021 quilt along.
Quilt Layout Pattern Must Haves:
- Quilts can be any size but MUST include a way to incorporate at least 9 - 10" blocks (10 1/2" unfinished).
- Only tested patterns with photos of the design in fabric will be included on fandominstitches.com. Quilt Layout patterns do not have to include pieced blocks in the finished sample, but photos must include a completed quilt top that has been made in fabric.
- Patterns should include the size of finished quilt in inches, approximate fabric amounts needed in yards, cutting instructions, assembly instructions, and, if possible, illustrations showing how to assemble the pattern.
- Illustrations can be hand drawn or created using graphic design software as long as they are clear and easy to follow.
- Also include: your name (online or real), your blog, social media, contact information and/or anything else you feel is pertinent to your pattern.
- Patterns should include the following text, "Designed for #fisayearofdoomqal Design Invitational on fandominstitches.com."
- All pattern, illustrations & instructions should be saved in ONE DOCUMENT as a .pdf. (We're saying this twice because it's important!)
- Submit your pattern using our submission form no later than Wednesday December 1, at 8am CST (U.S.). Please include "Design Invitational" in the notes of your submission.
|ONLY patterns following these rules will be considered for posting on FiS.|
The winner will receive one edge-to-edge
long arm quilt job valid during 2022
from the amazing Playful Piecing!
80" x 80" maximum size.
Winner to provide quilt top and quilt backing (pieced or wide back).
Batting will be provided.
Quilt must be mailed to Playful Piecing Quilt Design. Return postage will be provided.
Winner will be chosen by random drawing. Full instructions will be shared with the winner after the end of the Design Invitational.
Massive thanks to Jennifer Rowles for sharing her talent with our quilting community!
Please note: this is a gift from friend of Fandom in Stitches Jennifer Rowles.
Fandom in Stitches is not being compensated in any way.
|Questions? Leave them in comments|
or email email@example.com!
|Looking for something completely different?|
Check out our Pattern Archive Pages
Fandom In Stitches and it's designers do not hold copyright on any of the fandom titles represented on this site. Respective Designers reserve copyright on patterns only and request that out of respect for the fandoms we love, that you use them for personal and non-profit reasons only. The Designers at Fandom In Stitches receive no payment for any of the patterns posted and expressly forbid resale & manufacture.
Post a Comment