Hello everyone, Alida here!
I am so excited you are travelling through time with me to explore artist from all eras!
This is the first installment of the "Art with Disney QAL".
Each block pattern measures 12'' x 12'' finished.
If you choose to use the four-patch border sashing shared below, each block will measure 20'' x 20''.
Here is the pattern for the four-patch border sashing. You can also get a sneak peek of all the blocks I will be sharing with you over the course of the next few months!
In the layout PDF, I share all the details about the unconventional way I am putting my own quilt blocks together... crochet!! Download the pdf if you want to read more about it!
You are cordially invited participate in the creation of even more awesome quilt patterns to make this Art with Disney's project extra special!
* * *
Art with Disney QAL
Please read ALL RULES carefully before submitting patterns.
- Design an original pattern to supplement this Art with Disney project. The pattern can depict any Disney character impersonating any artist or artistic movement.
- Patterns must be completely original and created by the submitting designer. Designs may not use any part of a another designer's pattern, including, but not limited to, those designs shared on fandominstitches.com.
- Designs based on other, non-quilt artwork art (including fan art) must include written permission from the artist.
- Patterns can be any technique. Suggested height for the block is 12" (12.5" unfinished) and suggested width is 12" (12.5" unfinished). Other sizes are accepted.
- Make your pattern and take a photo. Only tested patterns with photos of the design in fabric will be included on fandominstitches.com.
- Please include your name (online or real), pattern finished size, your blog, social media, contact information and/or anything else you feel is pertinent to your pattern.
- Patterns should also include the following text, "Designed for the #artwithdisneyqal Design Invitational on fandominstitches.com."
- Send your pattern document and picture at tweloq(at)gmail(dot)com no later than Wednesday, June 20, 2018 at Noon EST (U.S.).
- PDF patterns can be hand drawn or created using graphic design software as long as they are clear and easy to follow. For helpful information, including software suggestions, see Be A Designer.
- Google Drive is a great way to share pattern files (it's free to use for anyone with a Gmail account and files can be updated as needed). Patterns will be hosted by Fandom In Stitches. Pattern submissions will not be accepted via Facebook or other social media.
- On Wednesday, June 27, 2018, all #artwithdisneyQAL Design Invitational patterns will be posted right here on Fandom In Stitches to share with our quilting community!
|ONLY patterns following these rules will be considered for posting on FiS.|
|Questions? Leave them in comments or email firstname.lastname@example.org!|
Until next time...
Fandom In Stitches and it's designers do not hold copyright on any of the fandom titles represented on this site. Respective Designers reserve copyright on patterns only and request that out of respect for the fandoms we love, that you use them for personal and non-profit reasons only. The Designers at Fandom In Stitches receive no payment for any of the patterns posted and expressly forbid resale & manufacture.
I love it, and really love that it's fusible applique.ReplyDelete
Alida, that is a fabulous pattern. This is going to be wonderful quilt. Well done you!!!ReplyDelete