Hello everyone, Alida here! These are exciting months for us, Constant Readers!!
This is the second installment of our Quilt&Stitch Along "Long live the King, Stephen", an event to celebrate the 70th birthday of our master storyteller Stephen King!!!
Each pattern measures 7.5'' x 5'' finished.
If you choose to use the book setting for the pattern, the block will measure 8.5'' x 7''.
This is the second section of my bookshelf.
In this section we have 6 books:
- The Dead Zone
- The Long Walk
You can find the two book settings in this previous post.
You are cordially invited participate in the creation of even more awesome quilt patterns to make this Stephen King's project extra special!
* * *
Long live the King, Stephen - Quilt & Stitch Along
Please read ALL RULES carefully before submitting patterns.
- Design an original pattern to supplement this Stephen King bookshelf project. The pattern can depict an object that would be fun to have on a Stephen King bookshelf, or it can depict a quote from a book, a character from a story or anything related to the King!!
- Patterns must be completely original and created by the submitting designer. Designs may not use any part of a another designer's pattern, including, but not limited to, those designs shared on fandominstitches.com.
- Designs based on other, non-quilt artwork art (including fan art) must include written permission from the artist.
- Patterns can be any technique. Suggested height for the block is 8.5" (9" unfinished) and suggested width is 7" (7 1/2" unfinished). Other sizes are accepted.
- Make your pattern and take a photo. Only tested patterns with photos of the design in fabric will be included on fandominstitches.com.
- Please include your name (online or real), pattern finished size, your blog, social media, contact information and/or anything else you feel is pertinent to your pattern.
- Patterns should also include the following text, "Designed for the #llkstephen Design Invitational on fandominstitches.com."
- Send your pattern document and picture at tweloq(at)gmail(dot)com no later than Moday, August 28, 2017 at Noon EST (U.S.).
- PDF patterns can be hand drawn or created using graphic design software as long as they are clear and easy to follow. For helpful information, including software suggestions, see Be A Designer.
- Google Drive is a great way to share pattern files (it's free to use for anyone with a Gmail account and files can be updated as needed). Patterns will be hosted by Fandom In Stitches. Pattern submissions will not be accepted via Facebook or other social media.
- On Wednesday, August 30, 2017, all #llkstephen Design Invitational patterns will be posted right here on Fandom In Stitches to share with our quilting community!
|ONLY patterns following these rules will be considered for posting on FiS.|
|Questions? Leave them in comments or email firstname.lastname@example.org!|
Until next time...
Fandom In Stitches and it's designers do not hold copyright on any of the fandom titles represented on this site. Respective Designers reserve copyright on patterns only and request that out of respect for the fandoms we love, that you use them for personal and non-profit reasons only. The Designers at Fandom In Stitches receive no payment for any of the patterns posted and expressly forbid resale & manufacture.
I have a Stephen King pattern that I made for this and I made an honest effort to get permission from the original artist to use his artwork, but there is no reply in the positive or negative. Does that mean my pattern is ineligible?ReplyDelete
We absolutely prefer permission, but if you've tried and haven't received any word, we will share your pattern so long as you share a link to the original work. If anything changes and they give their blessing or ask you to remove the pattern, please let us know.Delete