Welcome back to Goblin King, A Labyrinth Quilt & Stitch Along!
Please read the following before starting your quilt:
About this EVENT:
- Goblin King, A Labyrinth Quilt & Stitch Along (#labyrinthquilt) is a collaborative event hosted here on Fandom in Stitches by Jennifer Ofenstein of sewhooked.com & fandominstitches.com.
- Designers for this event include: Angela Gross, Anita M, Beth Gough, Daphne Seymour, Jennifer Ofenstein, Jennifer Rowles, Karen Mcguigan, Kylie Pecarina, Mel Moore, Michelle Thompson, & Michelle Tuller.
- The event runs January through May 2017.
- This event include free patterns as well as piecing instructions for the quilt top.
- Patterns are both hand embroidered and paper pieced. You only need one of each week's patterns for the final quilt. Mix and match as desired.
- The pattern sizes for each block corresponds with the layout shown.
- Use fabric colors that work best for you.
- The final quilt size as designed is 72" x 84". Instructions to complete your quilt will be released on May 24.
- Patterns are archived on the Labyrinth page.
And now...Week 16!
Reminder - you need to make only one of the following patterns for your quilt.
designed by Mel Moore
Tested by Amber Lowery
For best results, embroider on a 7" or 8" square of fabric.
Square up to 6 1/2” when stitching is complete
Week 16: Paper Pieced
designed by Daphne Seymour
tested by Inez Larsen
includes details that can be embroidered, drawn, quilted or painted in
6" finished (6 1/2" with seam allowance)
Pro-tip: Print your hand embroidery pattern on Sulky Sticky Fabri-Solvy,
stick to your fabric, stitch and then rinse away!
You'll need fabric for the background of each block (shown here as a LIGHT), and a dark & medium fabric for the quilt design.
Embroidery amounts are suggested based on adding enough fabric to hoop designs. Suggested cutting sizes will be included each week.
Paper pieced amounts are a generous estimates only. When in doubt, buy more!
Finished quilt size will be 72" x 84", in case you want to purchase enough fabric for back and binding.
Fabric colors are YOUR choice. The quilt shown is an example only, but we do recommend you use a light, a medium, and a dark. If you prefer a dark background for your blocks, then shift your other two colors to the light/medium colors. Backgrounds can also be scrappy. Quilter's choice!
More Helpful Information:
- These patterns are free for your personal and NON-profit use only. Not to be used for manufacture or distribution. Sale of these patterns or quilts made from these pattern is prohibited. No infringement of any kind is intended.
- For best results with paper pieced patterns, print with NO SCALING. In Google Drive, uncheck “fit to page..” See your printer instructions for more details if needed.
- Fabric amounts are generous estimates and are provided as a courtesy. Actual amounts may vary depending on your paper piecing technique.
- Need to learn to paper piece or hand embroider? Check out our Quilting Help page for lots of awesome tutorial links!
- Win prizes monthly during 2016 on fandominstitches.com by sharing photos with the FiS flickr group.
- Join the Goblin King: A Labyrinth Quilt & Stitch Along Facebook Group for community, support, & more!
- Posting on social media? Mark you photos #labyrinthquilt!
Looking for our general Fandom in Stitches Facebook group? You can join us for quilty discussions and fandomy goodness right here!
Share photos of your blocks and other projects you have made using Fandom In Stitches patterns with our flickr group for a chance to win one of our fabulous monthly prizes! You receive one entry for each project. Only photos posted to flickr are eligible to win.
Post a Comment