Welcome back to Goblin King, A Labyrinth Quilt & Stitch Along!
Please read the following before starting your quilt:
About this EVENT:
- Goblin King, A Labyrinth Quilt & Stitch Along (#labyrinthquilt) is a collaborative event hosted here on Fandom in Stitches by Jennifer Ofenstein of sewhooked.com & fandominstitches.com.
- Designers for this event include: Angela Gross, Anita M, Beth Gough, Daphne Seymour, Jennifer Ofenstein, Jennifer Rowles, Karen Mcguigan, Kylie Pecarina, Mel Moore, Michelle Thompson, & Michelle Tuller.
- The event runs January through May 2017.
- This event include free patterns as well as piecing instructions for the quilt top.
- Patterns are both hand embroidered and paper pieced. You only need one of each week's patterns for the final quilt. Mix and match as desired.
- The pattern sizes for each block corresponds with the layout shown.
- Use fabric colors that work best for you.
- The final quilt size as designed is 72" x 84". Instructions to complete your quilt will be released on May 24.
- Patterns are archived on the Labyrinth page.
And now...Week 14!
Reminder - you need to make only one of the following patterns for your quilt.
Week 14: EmbroideryAmbrosius
designed by Jennifer Ofenstein
tested by Jennifer Ofenstein & Amber Lowery
For best results, embroider on a 10" or 11" square of fabric.Square up to 9 1/2” when stitching is complete
Week 14: Paper Pieced
designed by Kylie Pecarina
tested by Inez Larsen
includes details that can be embroidered, drawn, quilted or painted in
9" finished (9 1/2" with seam allowance)
Pro-tip: Print your hand embroidery pattern on Sulky Sticky Fabri-Solvy,
stick to your fabric, stitch and then rinse away!
You'll need fabric for the background of each block (shown here as a LIGHT), and a dark & medium fabric for the quilt design.
Embroidery amounts are suggested based on adding enough fabric to hoop designs. Suggested cutting sizes will be included each week.
Paper pieced amounts are a generous estimates only. When in doubt, buy more!
Finished quilt size will be 72" x 84", in case you want to purchase enough fabric for back and binding.
Fabric colors are YOUR choice. The quilt shown is an example only, but we do recommend you use a light, a medium, and a dark. If you prefer a dark background for your blocks, then shift your other two colors to the light/medium colors. Backgrounds can also be scrappy. Quilter's choice!
More Helpful Information:
- These patterns are free for your personal and NON-profit use only. Not to be used for manufacture or distribution. Sale of these patterns or quilts made from these pattern is prohibited. No infringement of any kind is intended.
- For best results with paper pieced patterns, print with NO SCALING. In Google Drive, uncheck “fit to page..” See your printer instructions for more details if needed.
- Fabric amounts are generous estimates and are provided as a courtesy. Actual amounts may vary depending on your paper piecing technique.
- Need to learn to paper piece or hand embroider? Check out our Quilting Help page for lots of awesome tutorial links!
- Win prizes monthly during 2016 on fandominstitches.com by sharing photos with the FiS flickr group.
- Join the Goblin King: A Labyrinth Quilt & Stitch Along Facebook Group for community, support, & more!
- Posting on social media? Mark you photos #labyrinthquilt!
Looking for our general Fandom in Stitches Facebook group? You can join us for quilty discussions and fandomy goodness right here!