You've asked, and we've listened.
You want Hamilton!
When do you want it?
Our volunteers do their best, but sometimes, we need your help!
You're invited to help us create Hamilton patterns to share with the Fandom in Stitches quilt community.
Participants will get a chance to win a fun prize (below)!
- Design an original quilt pattern inspired by Hamilton and share it with fandominstitches.com!
- Pattern can be any size.
- Design a single block or an entire quilt.
- Patterns can be designed using any of the following techniques: paper piecing, traditional piecing, mosaic, applique, reverse applique, hand embroidery or cross-stitch (more details on how to design for FiS here).
Patterns must be completely original and created by the submitting designer. Designs may not use any part of a another designer's pattern, including, but not limited to, those designs shared on fandominstitches.com.
- Patterns must be new to fandominstitches.com, but not necessarily brand new. If you already have an awesome Hamilton-themed pattern, feel free to submit it!
- Patterns should be PG-13 or less.
- Please Google "Hamilton Quilt, quilt pattern, quilt block, etc." BEFORE designing your pattern to ensure you're not accidentally recreating someone else's work.
- Designs based on other, non-quilt artwork art (including fan art) must include written permission from the artist. Alterations of other original pattern designs will not be included on fandominstitches.com.
- Please note that all fandominstitches.com patterns are free for personal & non-profit use. All designers are volunteers. Patterns are considered derivate art which we do not sell or compensate for.
Design your pattern, make it and take a photo!
Only tested patterns with photos of the design in fabric will be included on fandominstitches.com.
(Designers may use pattern testers. Please credit your tester!).
- Submit your pattern using our submission form no later than Friday,
February 24, 2017March 10, 2017 at Noon CST (U.S.).
- PDF patterns can be hand drawn or created using graphic design software as long as they are clear and easy to follow. For helpful information, including software suggestions, see Be A Designer.
- Please include your name (online or real), pattern finished size, your blog, social media, contact information and/or anything else you feel is pertinent to your pattern.
All submitted patterns will be posted on Saturday, February 25, 2017 right here on Fandom In Stitches to share with our quilting community!
- Only patterns following these rules will be considered for posting on FiS*.
- By submitting your pattern, you are giving Fandom in Stitches permission to freely share your photo and pattern link. We will not alter, sell do anything else uncool with your design.
Submitted designs will be included in a special drawing to win a fun Fandom in Stitches mug of your choice!
- Talking about your project on social media? Use #hamiltonquiltchallenge!
- Questions? Leave them in comments or join our FiS Designers & Pattern Testers Facebook Group for help & inspiration!
*Rules are subject to change in the event that we forgot something important. We will always let you know if that happens. :)