Week THREE of the #SMQAL!
If you have a problem accessing any file, try, click the link and then download the pattern (the down arrow on Google) to print from your PDF reader OR download from Jennifer Rowle's Craftsy.
tested by Jennifer Rowles
tested by Vanda Chittenden & Jennifer Rowles
tested by Jennifer Rowles & Elnora Chambers
About the #SMQAL
- The #SMQAL was designed entirely by Jennifer Rowles of Playful Piecing, is being presented on fandominstitches.com and hosted by Jennifer Ofenstein.
- You will be presented with 3 patterns per week between through December 9, 2015. Use only the ones you want to create your own unique Smart Phone Quilt or other fun project.
- The original layout includes 28 app blocks. Layout variations may require more or less.
- There will be a Design Invitational, but there are LOTS of designs coming, so please hold off on designing new patterns until the announcement.
- Look for special prizes here on fandominstitches.com from Jennifer Rowles just for #SMQAL participants! Share photos of your blocks with our flickr group for a chance to win. Only #SMQAL photos posted to flickr are eligible.
- Don't quilt alone, join for friends, fun, help & much more us as we quilt along with the #SMQAL Facebook Group!
- Get a Printable About Page
For more information about the #SMQAL, including fabric amounts, pattern sizes, etc., please keep scrolling!
Fabric Amounts and Other Useful Information
- All blocks are 10" (10 1/2" unfinished)
- The corner pieces on blocks represent background fabric. If you haven't chosen your background fabric yet, the corners can be completed at the end of the project before assembling your quilt top.
- The original layout requires 4 1/2 to 5 yards of background fabric and 2 1/4 yards of border fabric. Amounts will vary due to paper piecing style, optional embroidery (available via #SMQAL Facebook Group) and choice of layout.
- The original #SMQAL layout is a VERY NON-traditional quilt size of 68.5" By 132". It was designed to most accurately represent the iPhone.
- Some blocks have very small sections in which the number is placed just outside the piece to make it readable.
- This is Jennifer Rowles', first major event project. Please share any issues and please be kind. She has worked very hard to make this project the best it can be.
- These patterns have all been thoroughly tested by pattern testers, however, any pattern corrections can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Like all our patterns, #SMQAL patterns are presented free for your personal, non-profit use only. Not for publication, manufacture or distribution.
Notes About Embroidery
- This quilt CAN be completed without embroidery!
- Blocks with embroidery come with a text template if you choose to embroider by hand.
- Additional templates will be available for quilt details unrelated to specific blocks.
- Embroidery files will posted #SMQAL Facebook Group. THESE ARE USE AT YOUR OWN RISK FILES! The files will are formatted as .PES for a jumbo 6.25X10.25 (160 X 260mm) hoop. Technical support or additional files formats will NOT be provided. Please remember this is a free project and one designer can only be expected to do so much.
- Some blocks can be pieced or embroidered. Variations will be posted on Jennifer Rowle's Craftsy the same day as the fandominstitches.com post.
Share photos of your blocks with our flickr group for a chance to win.
Only photos posted to flickr are eligible.
Winner announced September 1, 2015
Fandom In Stitches and it's designers do not hold copyright on any of the fandom titles represented on this site. Respective Designers reserve copyright on patterns only and request that out of respect for the fandoms we love, that you use them for personal and non-profit reasons only. The Designers at Fandom In Stitches receive no payment for any of the patterns posted and expressly forbid resale.