ALL DATES ARE NOW FINAL. ;)
What's a Design Invitational?
A Design Invitational is a special event in which we here at Fandom In Stitches
invite our community members to create patterns to supplement those presented in our events, such as our Harry Potter Bookcase Quilt Along
. We include all of the designs shared in one big post (see examples below) and choose one of these designers to win a prize. All patterns are then archived right here on FiS for the use of our quilting community. In this case, patterns will be included on a special page just for our Harry Potter Bookcase Quilt (coming soon!).
for great examples of how this works!
Please read ALL RULES carefully before submitting patterns.
The Project of Doom Quilt Along Design Invitational
- Design an original pattern to supplement the Project of Doom. Patterns must be completely original and created by the submitting designer. Designs may not use any part of a another designer's pattern, including, but not limited to, those designs shared on fandominstitches.com. Please check our Harry Potter page BEFORE designing your pattern. Designs based on other, non-quilt artwork art (including fan art) must include written permission from the artist. Design Invitational patterns are intended to be supplements to the existing Project of Doom Harry Potter-inspired bookcase quilt designed by Jennifer Ofenstein. Alterations of the original pattern designs will not be included on fandominstitches.com.
- Patterns are to be paper pieced and should be 10" finished (10 1/2" unfinished) unless they are intended for the outside of the bookcase design.
- Make your pattern and take a photo. Only tested patterns with photos of the design in fabric will be included on fandominstitches.com.
- Post your design photo and a link to your PDF pattern in our flickr group between July 22, 2015 and Monday, August 3, 2015. Please note that patterns submitted early will not be posted on fandominstitches.com without prior arrangement with Jennifer.
- Google Drive is a great way to share pattern files (it's free to use for anyone with a Gmail account). Patterns can also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and they will be hosted by Fandom In Stitches. Pattern submissions will not be accepted via Facebook or other social media.
- PDF patterns can be hand drawn or created using graphic design software as long as they are clear and easy to follow. For helpful information, including software suggestions, see Be A Designer.
- Patterns should include the following text, "Designed for the Project of Doom Design Invitational on Fandom In Stitches. The Project of Doom was created by Jennifer Ofenstein, sewhooked.com/fandominstitches.com" as well as any personal information you'd like to include (email, blog address, etc.)
- Tag your flickr photo "POD2015 DESIGN" so we know to include it. Use the quotes as shown so that both words will be included in the same tag.
- On Wednesday, August 5, 2015, all PoD QAL Design Invitational patterns will be posted right here on Fandom In Stitches to share with our quilting community!
- ONLY patterns following these rules will be considered for posting on FiS.
- Submitted designs will be included in special drawing to win an authentic Alivan's Wand, gifted to us by our friend Sarah D.
- Questions? Leave them in comments!
UPDATE: ALL DATES ARE NOW FINAL
Fandom In Stitches and it's designers do not hold copyright on any of the fandom titles represented on this site. Respective Designers reserve copyright on patterns only and request that out of respect for the fandoms we love, that you use them for personal and non-profit reasons only. The Designers at Fandom In Stitches receive no payment for any of the patterns posted and expressly forbid resale.
Post a Comment