If your Flickr Photos have not been showing up on Fandom In Stitches for Tuesday Photos, go to your Flickr account settings and look for privacy and permissions. It most likely has been reset to "no." Change this to "yes" and your photos will be sharable here on Tuesday Photos. Thanks to everyone for bearing with us after the recent Flickr changes. Need more help? One of our designers has shared a short tutorial with our Facebook group!
LAST CALL! Submit your patterns TODAY to be part of tomorrow's Design Invitational post!
The As You Wish Design Invitational
- Design an original Princess Bride-themed quilt block pattern using any technique to supplement the As You Wish designs. All designs are now online!
- Patterns must be 5" (5 1/2" unfinished). We've built extra spaces in both quilt layouts just for the Design Invitational patterns (see images below this week's AYW patterns).
- Test your pattern and take a photo. Only tested patterns will be included on FiS.
- Post the photo of your design and a link to your PDF pattern* in our flickr group no later than Tuesday, May 6, 2014. (*If you don't have your own blog or website, not to worry, just email your pattern to email@example.com and we'll post it for you!)
- PDF patterns can be hand drawn or created using graphic design software. For more information see Be A Designer.
- Tag your flickr photo "AYW DESIGN" so we know to include it. (Use the quotes as shown so that both words will be included in the same tag.)
- On Wednesday, May 7, 2014, all Design Invitational patterns will be posted right here on Fandom In Stitches to share with our quilting community.
- Submitted designs will be included in special drawing for an XXL Miracle Max t-shirt (design shown below!)
BE A PATTERN TESTER! Help make our patterns the best they can be! Join our new Facebook group. Pattern Designers and potential Pattern Testers welcome! Already testing for FiS? Join our group and then grab the badge above for your website or blog?
Each month, Fandom In Stitches gives away a flickr prize for general participation. How do you win one of our fabulous prizes? It's easy! Share photos of your blocks and other projects you have made using Fandom In Stitches patterns with our flickr group! You receive one entry for each project! Only photos posted to flickr are eligible to win.
The April 2014 Prize, 1 Yard of licensed Elvis Jailhouse Rock fabric is courtesy the Fandom In Stitches Fairy Godmother!
The April winner is katiedodat!
The April DMC winner is loismurray538
As You Wish to win a fun pack of DMC embroidery floss when you share photos from AYW!
All winners are chosen via Random.org and notified via flickr message.
Prizes not claimed after 30 days will go back into the FiS prize box!
Thank you for your understanding!
by Dagmar Kessler
by Luz Unda
Don't quilt alone! Join us for quilty discussions and fandomy goodness on the Fandom In Stitches Facebook Group!
Share photos of your blocks and other projects you have made using Fandom In Stitches patterns with our flickr group for a chance to win one of our fabulous monthly prizes! You receive one entry for each project. Only photos posted to flickr are eligible to win.