A huge and very special thank you for everyone that has volunteered to make a very special Project of Doom quilt to help Make-A-Wish fill a little girl's Harry Potter dreams! There will be more to come on this special quilt as the blocks come in! Read more about the special request here!
Join us next week for the final installment of our Princess Bride themed quilt & stitch along patterns! Want more for your AYW quilt? Join us for the As You Wish Design Invitational!
The As You Wish Design Invitational
- Design an original Princess Bride-themed quilt block pattern using any technique to supplement the As You Wish designs (all designs will be online by April 23, 2014). Hint: Your FiS Designers have covered all major characters.
- Patterns must be 5" (5 1/2" unfinished). We've built extra spaces in both quilt layouts just for the Design Invitational patterns (see images below this week's AYW patterns).
- Test your pattern and take a photo. Only tested patterns will be included on FiS.
- Post the photo of your design and a link to your PDF pattern* in our flickr group no later than Tuesday, May 6, 2014. (*If you don't have your own blog or website, not to worry, just email your pattern to email@example.com and we'll post it for you!)
- PDF patterns can be hand drawn or created using graphic design software. For more information see Be A Designer.
- Tag your flickr photo "AYW DESIGN" so we know to include it. (Use the quotes as shown so that both words will be included in the same tag.)
- On Wednesday, May 7, 2014, all Design Invitational patterns will be posted right here on Fandom In Stitches to share with our quilting community.
- Submitted designs will be included in special drawing for an XXL Miracle Max t-shirt (design shown below!)
Each month, Fandom In Stitches gives away a flickr prize for general participation. How do you win one of our fabulous prizes? It's easy! Share photos of your blocks and other projects you have made using Fandom In Stitches patterns with our flickr group! You receive one entry for each project! Only photos posted to flickr are eligible to win.
The April 2014 Prize, 1 Yard of licensed Elvis Jailhouse Rock fabric is courtesy the Fandom In Stitches Fairy Godmother!
This is it! April is your last chance during As You Wish to win a fun pack of DMC embroidery floss when you share photos from AYW!
All winners are chosen via Random.org and notified via flickr message.
Prizes not claimed after 30 days will go back into the FiS prize box!
Thank you for your understanding!
by kysaundra patzer
by barbara o'Connor
by Sarah G
by Maverick Costumer
by Dagmar Kessler
by Jennifer Ofenstein
Support Fandom In Stitches AND get a free audiobook download! Click the banner for details!
Don't quilt alone! Join us for quilty discussions and fandomy goodness on the Fandom In Stitches Facebook Group!
Share photos of your blocks and other projects you have made using Fandom In Stitches patterns with our flickr group for a chance to win one of our fabulous monthly prizes! You receive one entry for each project. Only photos posted to flickr are eligible to win.