Click for: Holiday Favorites
Here is what you need to participate, straight from the Red Cross website:
Card Guidelines:Every card received will be screened for hazardous materials and then reviewed by Red Cross volunteers working around the country.Please observe the following guidelines to ensure a quick reviewing process:
- Ensure that all cards are signed.
- Use generic salutations such as “Dear Service Member.” Cards addressed to specific individuals can not be delivered through this program.
- Only cards are being accepted. Do not send or include letters.
- Do not include email or home addresses on the cards: the program is not meant to foster pen pal relationships.
- Do not include inserts of any kind, including photos: these items will be removed during the reviewing process.
- Please refrain from choosing cards with glitter or using loose glitter as it can aggravate health issues of ill and injured warriors.
- If you are mailing a large quantity of cards, please bundle them and place them in large mailing envelopes or flat rate postal shipping boxes. Each card does not need its own envelope, as envelopes will be removed from all cards before distribution.All holiday greetings should be addressed and sent to:Holiday Mail for Heroes
P.O. Box 5456
Capitol Heights, MD 20791-5456The deadline for having cards to the P.O. Box is December 6th.
Holiday cards received after this date cannot be guaranteed delivery.
Click for: Comic Book Super Heroes
Here are some useful tutorials to get you on your way:
If you make one (or a bunch!) of cards, please share photos with our flickr group and share the quilted love you created.
Photos are posted to FiS every Tuesday. When you share your photos, you get a chance to win one our fabulous monthly prizes! Only photos posted to the flickr group are eligible to win, so be sure and share yours.