It's Week 9 of the Doctor Who Stitch Along!
You're excited...we KNOW you are!
Reminder: You are invited to become a designer for the Doctor Who Stitch Along celebrating 50 years of our favorite Doctor by sharing your own Doctor Who-inspired embroidery designs! Here are the details:
The Doctor Who Stitch Along Design Invitational
- Design an original Doctor-Who themed hand embroidery pattern to supplement the Fandom In Stitches Doctor Who Stitch Along designs (all 12 designs will be online by July 31, 2013).
- Patterns can be 3" - 8".
- Test your pattern and take a photo. Only tested patterns will be included on the here on FiS.
- Post your stitched design and a link to your PDF pattern* in our flickr group no later than Monday, August 5, 2013. (*If you don't have your own blog or website, not to worry, just email your pattern to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll post it here!)
- PDF patterns can be hand drawn or created using graphic design software. For more information see Be A Designer.
- Tag your flickr photo "DWSAL DESIGN" so we know to include it.
- On Wednesday, August 7, 2013, all Design Invitational patterns will be posted right here on Fandom In Stitches to share with our quilting community!
- Submitted designs will be included in special drawing, prize to be announced!
- Questions? Leave them in comments!
Are you ready for what's coming? Yeah, we know you are!
At last... The Ninth Doctor!
Designed by Aalia Zaman
7 1/2" hand embroidered
>>> CLICK FOR PATTERN <<<
>>> CLICK FOR PATTERN <<<
Aalia's block stitched with chain stitch. Stitch yours as desired.
Need to learn to hand embroider? Not to worry, it's easy peasy and you just need a few tools! Fandom In Stitches recommends Jenny Hart's amazing tutorials over at Sublime Stitching! Want more? There are oodles of great videos on YouTube and we've created a playlist just for you!
Previous Stitch-Along Patterns:
- The First Doctor
- The Second Doctor
- The Third Doctor
- The Fourth Doctor
- The Fifth Doctor
- The Sixth Doctor
- The Seventh Doctor
- The Eighth Doctor
- Block Piecing Instructions
Support Fandom In Stitches: shop for embroidery supplies on Amazon!
Like awesome FREE fabric? Kristel will be giving away nine fat quarters from the Lunar Landing colourway of Lizzy House's Constellations (above). Finish stitching all twelve embroidery designs and post a photo to the FiS flickr group by Monday August 12 to be entered to win!
Sash your blocks each week and make a quilt like the one in our sample! See Week One for fabric amounts and sashing instructions for finished blocks.
Use this layouts for all odd numbered weeks: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 A quick tutorial on making the faux mitered corners:
Amounts listed do not include final quilt borders.
The Doctor Who Stitch-Along (DW-SAL) is a combined effort of the following designers. Show them some love!
In addition to our usual monthly flickr prize, we will also be awarding a fun pack of DMC embroidery floss to one Stitch-Along participant per month! Actual thread may vary. Share photos of your Doctor Who Stitch-Along blocks with our flickr group to win! One entry per block. Only photos posted to flickr are eligible to win. Shared photos are also eligible to win our regular monthly prize. Winners chosen the last Tuesday of the month.
The first Friday of each month in 2013!