We'd like to take this opportunity to invite you, yes YOU, to become a designer for the Doctor Who Stitch Along celebrating 50 years of our favorite Doctor by sharing your own Doctor Who-inspired embroidery designs! Here are the details:
The Doctor Who Stitch Along Design Invitational
- Design an original Doctor-Who themed hand embroidery pattern to supplement the Fandom In Stitches Doctor Who Stitch Along designs (all 12 designs will be online by July 31, 2013).
- Patterns can be 3" - 8".
- Test your pattern and take a photo. Only tested patterns will be included on the here on FiS.
- Post your stitched design and a link to your PDF pattern* in our flickr group no later than Monday, August 5, 2013. (*If you don't have your own blog or website, not to worry, just email your pattern to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll post it here!)
- PDF patterns can be hand drawn or created using graphic design software. For more information see Be A Designer.
- Tag your flickr photo "DWSAL DESIGN" so we know to include it. (Use the quotes as shown so that both words will be included in the same tag.)
- On Wednesday, August 7, 2013, all Design Invitational patterns will be posted right here on Fandom In Stitches to share with our quilting community!
- Submitted designs will be included in special drawing, prize to be announced!
- Questions? Leave them in comments!