Fandom In Stitches is thrilled to announce the Project of Doom Block Drive to benefit The Linus Connection of Central Texas!
Phase 1: Make It!
- Make any block from The Project of Doom (patterns on the Harry Potter page).
- Use a solid bright white OR white on white fabric for the background with bright colors for the books, etc.
- Send completed 10.5" blocks to Fandom In Stitches c/o Jennifer
no later than April 30, 2013deadline extended to May 10. Click here for the address and printable instructions.
- 30 of the blocks received will be used to make a quilt that will be given away here on Fandom In Stitches!
- Extra blocks will be used to create quilts that will be donated to The Linus Connection of Central Texas.
- Please note: Actual quilt will vary from image shown based on blocks received and fabrics used.
Phase 2: Win It!
- One completed Project of Doom quilt will be given away using a random drawing to choose the winner.
- Enter to win by making a donation to The Linus Connection by
May 31, 2013June 17, 2013.
- Email your receipt to Fandom In Stitches: email@example.com
- Receive one entry for every dollar donated!
- The winner will be announced
the first week of June 2013June 18, 2013.
The Linus Connection is a Central Texas 501(c)(3) organization whose mission is to make and deliver handmade security blankets for children in crisis situations in Austin, Texas and the surrounding area. The blankets go to children in hospital emergency rooms, in crisis centers, in foster care, battered women's shelters, to any child who is in need of a little extra security in their lives.
Disclaimer: This event is being organized by Fandom In Stitches owner Jennifer Ofenstein to support The Linus Connection. The Linus Connection is not associated with Fandom In Stitches, but it is the favorite charity of Jennifer, who has been a active volunteer for the non-profit for over ten years.
This is SO awesome!!!! I can't wait to be a part of it!!!ReplyDelete
We're glad to have you!Delete
What a great idea, I'm inReplyDelete
I will make a few blocks,
Wonderful, thank you!Delete
It's a great idea... but I just can't this time. Too many deadlines right now.ReplyDelete
No worries, Terri, I can certainly understand having too many deadlines!Delete
I printed off Weeks #5 & 10. I'll do one of each block and get them in the mail in the next week or two. I was already about to start Week #10 for my own quilt.ReplyDelete
That would be brilliant, thank you so much!Delete
Such an awesome idea! I'm going to do my best to crank out a block or two! :)ReplyDelete
I'm excited to make a block to help, but super sad I won't get the chance to win the finished piece. Unfortunately financial donations just aren't an option for me to do right now. But I always love to help a good cause like the Linus Connection! =)ReplyDelete
We still appreciate your participation. Thanks for doing what you can!Delete
Do you want titles on the books?ReplyDelete
Titles are optional. :)Delete
It might just be my computer, but I can't get The Linus Connection links to work.ReplyDelete
Give this a try: http://thelinusconnection.orgDelete
And sorry about that!